As we celebrate Martin Luther King, Jr. today…it’s not too early to be thinking about books for Black History Month coming up quickly in February. From artists, musicians, master chefs to firefighters, educators and slaves and statesmen, I think you will find there is a book here for everyone.
- Fifty Cents and a Dream Young Booker T. Washington by Jabari Asim
- Mister and Lady Day: Billie Holiday and the Dog who Loved Her by Amy Novesky
- Bring Me Some Apples and I’ll Make You a Pie: A Story about Edna Lewis by Robbin Gourley
- Henry’s Freedom Box: A True Story from the Underground Railroad by Ellen Levine
- It Jes’ Happened: When Bill Traylor Started to Draw by Don Tate
- Molly, by Golly!: The Legend of Molly Williams, America’s First Female Firefighter by Dianne Ochiltree
- Nelson Mandela by Kadir Nelson