I can’t help myself. There are so many fun toys out there. Are you looking for something special for a birthday? It is, after all, so easy to shop on Amazon these days… I’m having lots of fun scoping out what is new and different on the toy scene!
By the way, if you have a favorite toy/toys that you think I should share – please drop me an email and tell me about it – firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Squigz Kids Construction Set – Award winning Squigz are fun little suckers! Apply pressure to two Squigz. Air rushes out and the fun rushes in! They connect to each other and to any solid, non-porous surface. Once they take hold, it takes some pull to separate them. When Squigz POP… your hands and ears are shamelessly delighted! They assemble to become rockets, vehicles, a cushion for the cat, jewelry. Squigz are always up for playful experimentation and defying gravity – sticking to bathtubs, windows, school lockers, tabletops, and office desktops. Playful curiosity. It’s a whole new gig – thanks to Squigz
- Seedling Toys – I love the premise behind Seedling – and there are many, many options to chose from, depending on the interests of the child. But Seedling Toys are made to:
- Encourage the natural process of thinking and doing.
- Growing basic skills into passion for creative thinking and problem solving.
- Encourage kids to seek answers and help from adults, building relationships and communication skills.
- Supply the materials & let your kids supply the big ideas!
- And are proudly made locally in New Zealand
- Citibloc Roller Coaster Stacking Toy – Create coasters, ramps, slides, drops and more with these perfectly balanced wooden blocks made from eco-friendly New Zealand Pine. The included balls add a dynamic new level to the block building experience, challenging builders to use their problem solving and spatial awareness skills.
- Thames & Kosmos Rocket Science Kit – A great gift for an older child. Make physics come alive with this action-packed series of experiments centered around a specially-designed “stomp-on” rocket launcher with three foam rockets. Launch water- and air-powered rockets. Build a balloon-propelled rocket, boat and race car. Play a game to try to hit target “planets” with the foam rockets.