What a week! We have been busy here. We are constructing things from cardboard, making paint for some “projects.” Beanie loves projects. We have spent fun time watching all the birds, deer and geese out in the field. And we went for a short visit to Beanie’s great-grandmother…he loves her “toy room!” Even though the weatherman is still calling for COLD weather, we are all hoping that he is wrong, and that some warmer weather is coming our way soon. Pops and Beanie have some tractor repairs that will occupy them this weekend. How about you – what are your plans?
Have a great weekend and we will see you back here next week. Be on the lookout for a great giveaway – I have copies of KeeKee’s Big Adventure books, Paris and Rome to give away.
In the meantime…this weekend I have mostly book related links for you. Enjoy!
- Can you imagine finding a treasure trove of poems by Margaret Wise Brown, the celebrated author of Goodnight Moon? Well, 20 years ago that is exactly what happened to Amy Gary. Previously unpublished, these lullabies will be released next week, illustrated by 12 award winning artists. Goodnight Songs…preorder your copy now! (Video above)
- Six reasons you really should read to your children at bedtime…#5 is my favorite.
- Do you have a budding superhero in your family? If so, then Eliot Jones Midnight Superhero may be just the book you’ve been looking for! The perfect child by day, at night Eliot saves the city, a ship at sea, the queen’s crown jewels, and the planet…well, you’ll have to get the book.
- A fun home tour – a house that really works and plays for this young family – lots of ideas you could incorporate into your own home.
- Maps…I love the way this Aussie Mom took the lead from her child and has fostered his love of all things map related!